Boundaries is 2018 Mancuso Theme
The voters spoke and “Boundaries” has been selected as the theme for the 2018 fall Mancuso show. This theme has been defined as the following:
Boundaries are created in many ways. They can be officially designated, be culturally expected, or mentally imposed. Whatever their origin, when breached, a change results that may give more freedom or a new direction. Any boundary can be moved, and may not be always be apparent when crossed.
- All pieces must be the ORIGINAL work of AQuA members. No quilt may be constructed using a commercial pattern. No commercial machine quilting patterns may be used.
- If the quilt was begun in a workshop, the workshop teacher’s name and technique must be credited on the back. A workshop teacher’s pattern is not acceptable, only the technique.
- No more than two (2) AQuA members may collaborate on the construction of a quilt, and both members must be listed on the entry form.
- Entries cannot be smaller than 96 inches minimum perimeter or larger than 252 inches maximum perimeter. Entries cannot exceed a maximum length of 72 inches. Entries cannot exceed a depth of 5” for shipping purpose.
- Diptychs and triptychs are acceptable providing their size, including space between the pieces, remains within the size restrictions.
- The sleeve requirements are at the top of the list under Member Info: Lots of How To Instructions: How to Construct a Quilt Sleeve