From show co-chairs Laurie Marks and Wendy Bain
(Please consult your roster for Laurie & Wendy’s email addressees, home addresses and phone numbers. I do not like to put them in a post as there are too many email scammers who look for this kind of personal information.)
We currently have a list of 17 members who will be putting items in the Meadowlark Garden show, either for display or for sale. If you did not sign up, there is still room for more and you are welcome to participate.
If you are not a participant in the show, we hope you will attend and bring family and friends. You are also welcome to come and help by working an hour or two. We would like to have an AQuA representative on hand at all times to prevent any snafus, as Meadowlark staff will be ringing up sales, and a buyer may be purchasing Meadowlark inventory during the same transaction. We also want to keep AQuA items neat and tidy, and be watchful for possible shoplifting. Please consult the Work Schedule at the end of this message for your assigned work times.
Many of you have indicated you will have items to sell or display at the Meadowlark Garden Show November 22-29, from 10 to 5 daily. Attached is the participation form. Please print it and fill it out asap, scan it and send it by email to Wendy Bain by email. If you prefer, you can drop it off at Wendy’s house by putting it in a zip lock bag and placing it under her doormat if she’s not home). The form is due Tuesday, Nov. 18. We need time to fill out all the two-part tags that will go on each and every item. Many of you indicated you were flexible, so I just put you in an open time slot. Phone Wendy if you have a conflict.
Participants, here are the instructions for the form:
- Complete the top of the form with name and contact information. Use the best phone number to reach you, or list more than one…we will call you if we need more info or clarification.
- You will assign every item an ID number. If you are bringing 30 scarves or 30 greeting cards, each item gets a number. The number identifies the artist and the item. You will use the first 4 letters of your last name, then 1, then 2, then 3, etc. Example: Angela Kenley’s items will be KENL1, KENL2, KENL3, etc. If your last name is shorter than 4 letters, add the letters in your first name to make it 4 (Terry Lee would be LEET). This seems like a lot of work, but we want to be able to account for each entry and each sale.3.
- Add a short description. A 12×12 matted art quilt can be described as 12×12 and its title, which should also appear on the back on the foam core. A brown purse can be described as “brn purse.” If you have 30 scarves, we would like to be able to tell which is which, perhaps by color or size, or something that makes it unique. We will transfer this info to the two-part tags, at least as much as is possible due to the small size of the tags. We plan to make a master list of all items in the show, and we’ll want to be able to ascertain which of Tana’s scarves sold (and someone else may bring scarves too.) We will not be able to watch every cash register transaction, so we will use the two-part tags to list sales, hopefully on a daily basis.
- Please enter the price for each item in the appropriate column. Make sure it is legible, because we will be writing the price on the two-part tag and we want to get it right. If your item is such that you can put the price on the back, the inside, or somewhere with a piece of tape, that would be awesome. We plan to attach the two-part tags with a little plastic gizmo shot from a gun, like tags on clothing you purchase. We will attempt to shoot the tag holder through the plastic sleeve on the matted foam core pieces. If your piece fits so tightly into the sleeve that this is not an option, it will be attached to the back of the sleeve with tape.5.
- If you have more items than spaces on the form, print another page and write your name and “page 2″ in large lettering at the top.
- If you decide to add a few items at the last minute, we can make a few two-part tags at check-in. However, we will not have time to do this for every item for every person.
- Please bring your items to Meadowlark Garden on Friday, Nov. 21, between 10am and 2pm. Please have in mind how you are going to display your inventory, bringing any necessary display stands, racks, hangars, banquet tables, etc. There will be someone available to carry heavy items inside.
Thank you for participating! Laurie Marks and Wendy Bain
Meadowlark Garden Show Work Schedule
Nov 22-29, 10-5 daily
3.5 hour shifts, at least one person at all times. Dress warmly!
10-1:30 Nancy Dobson, Wendy Bain
1:30-5 Marla Ferguson, Laurie Marks
10-1:30 Wendy Bain, Eldrid Schafer
1:30-5 Tana LaDuke
10-1:30 Beth Bottorff, Barbara Scott
1:30-5 Jeanette Davis
10-1:30 Wendy Bain, Shar Weiser
1:30-5 Jan Rickman, Gjeneve Hopkinson
10-1:30 Chris Coolidge, Angela Kenley
1:30-5 Sue Van Voorhees, Wendy Bain
10-1:30 Jan Warren, Angela Kenley
1:30-5 Laurie Marks, Susan Strickland
10-1:30 Suzanne Barnhart, Laurie Marks
1:30-5 Kathleen Malvern,
Sunday, 11-30 Takedown
Anyone else who can come and help, and pick up their own items that did